You may feel ashamed when you see your cracked heels, but don’t worry because you are not alone. According to research there are almost 20% adults in U.S facing this cracked foot problem especially in winters when your skin becomes dry. Usually lack of care and hygiene make you heels to crack. This article is about home remedies for cracked heels.
Children and adults both will affect by this. Deep cracked heels can be cause of pain but the good news is that you can treat cracked heels at your home. Today in this article we are going to give you some tips and methods. Your kitchen is your treatment place. Following are some home remedies for cracked heels.
Oiling and Coconut Oil Massage
Most easiest and effective process for smooth feet is oiling. Oil makes your skin soft and removes cracks. Always try to keep moisturize your skin. You can apply any solo oil for massage but it will be more effective if you do mishmash. Oil contains a lot of different powerful actives which makes the skin healthy and it also work as antiseptic.
- You need to take almond oil, castor oil and olive oil in equal quantity.
- Mix these above oils.
- Apply and massage on effective area.
- Make sure to do this remedy at night, in the morning wash your skin with lukewarm water.
- Coconut oil is also work like a strong medicine because it has antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties. This is often recommended for heels cracks, psoriasis, eczema, infections and all types of dry skin.
All time favorite fruit especially for kids but it can be also very helpful to treat cracked heels problem. Vitamin A, B6 and C are the most helpful elements to hydrate and maintain the elasticity of the skin. This is like a moisturizer for the skin. For this remedy you must have to use ripe bananas because unripe banana can harsh your skin.
- Take two ripe bananas and mashed them into smooth paste.
- Apply this paste on your whole feet including nails.
- Leave it for 20 minutes then rinse with tap water.
- Apply this remedy daily before going to bed for 2 weeks.
Another useful remedy to treat cracked and dry heels. You will be amazed how this sweetens thing can solve your problem. It has great properties of antibacterial, antimicrobial and anti-inflammation. There is a research which proves that honey is very helpful to treat heals and clear wounds. It is natural humectant. Always moisturize your heels with honey. You just need to apply honey on dry parts of skin and gently massage until it will soak properly. You can also use this as a foot mask for whole night.
- Take a tub of warm water than add a cup of honey in it.
- Clean your feet and soak into water.
- Massage at least 20 minutes.
- Use pumice stone for skin.
- After complete this process dry your feet and use any good moisturizer.
Aloe Vera Gel
It uses as a main ingredient in different beauty products because it is the best and natural way for good skin health. It is very helpful to heal wounds because it has auxins and gibberellins actives not only this it also consist of powerful actives like antioxidant and anti-inflammatory. The lupeol works as analgesic and antiseptic. β-sitosterol, campesterol and different vitamins like A (beta-carotene), C and E are very helpful to clean cracked heels.
- Clean your feet with warm water and remove dead cells with pumice stone.
- Dry your feet and use aloe Vera gel heavy layer.
- You can wear cotton socks after using aloe Vera.
- Use this remedy for 4 to 5 days at night.
Lemon Juice with Vaseline
As we know Vaseline is the prodigious moisturizer even both ingredients can be used to make your feet smooth. Citric acid found in lemon juice which works to regrowth the new skin cells and promotes skin peeling.
- For 20 minutes, soak your feet in warm water than dry.
- Take 1 tsp of Vaseline and add 3 to 4 drop of fresh lemon juice and mix.
- Apply on cracked feet and wear woolen socks.
- You can use this before going to bed on daily basis.